Although I am starting to really miss home, these last three weeks have went by in the blink of an eye. We had the privilege of one of the students in the very first DTS, come and teach us. He was so inspiring! As you can imagine, we got to hear the most amazing stories of his history and about God's faithfulness, how to smuggle bibles into Russia, how to actually minister to people and not just shove Jesus down their throat pushing them away.
The next week we had two huge teams come in. One was from a church in Red Deer and the other was from a school from the states. They came all this way just to build houses with the Homes Of Hope. It was also our School Of Worship's last week here before their outreach, so they put on the best talent show I have ever seen. They all wrote their own songs, and rocked this base. That week was a hoot!
Last week we went camping in a small town in the middle of a jungle. Every evening the fog would roll down from the top of the mountain, making it look like the enchanted forest from Lord of the Rings. One day we got to hike through it. It was so breath taking. There were vines hanging everywhere, and huge bright flours blossoming everywhere you looked. I was in paridise. That hike really showed me how your attitude and the attitude of people around you will determine if your day is amazing or a nightmare. It ment a lot to me to see how positive everyone was, even though hiking was deffinitly not everyone's thing.
Tomorrow morning I am off to outreach. We are spending one week in Monte Verde, one in Nicoya, then off to Asia we go! I am really excited to go, but I am sad to leave some new friends behind.
Nicole! I heard that you're in China now and you got sick right away! I hope you're feeling better now. Sangeun is in Beijing right now, visiting her sister. She got sick when she went to Korea and has been sick for 2 weeks. Must be something wrong with the water over there in East Asia!
ReplyDeleteHope you're doing well and that God is speaking to you, whether you're in the hospital bed, or out in the field.
Love,
Uncle Chris